|M. Yanai, CEO & S. Kenniston, VP Product Marketing|
|Infinidat Lab with 100s of PB|
- Density and Disk Server Ratio: all the 480 disk drives on the cabinet are addressable by all the 3 controllers, there is no master. Il means that all drives can receive IO requests from all 3 controllers. - There is like a software switch or matrix between the controllers and the flat disk space.
- Flash Ratio: approx. 3% representing 24 to 210TB of SSD.
- Efficiency: I should say at all levels with 78% hit from DRAM, 93.7% from Flash and 72% from HDD. One key aspect is the dense cache layer based on 3TB of DRAM. The second aspect is the reliability with 99,99999%, 100 times more than the competition. Data are protected with Infiniraid offrant better results - speed and load - than replication, parity RAID or Reed-Solomon Erasure Coding.
- IO Optimization: Write operations based on log structured write method, also things like inline checksum and misaligned write protection.
|Brian Carmody, CTO|
1. Any hardware,
2. Any media type,
3. Global API,
4. reliability > monoliths,
5. Performance > all flash array and
6. Areal/power density > Hyperscaler.
A question stays open: "Even if Infinidat does the job and delivers high performance, what about company's all flash strategy if any, just to participate in all flash RFP ? today they can't participate. It reduces their adoption rate so having an additional offering should be considered by the vendor to accelerate market penetration. Anyway today their key argument is to do better than all flash array at a fraction of the cost and it works very well. To conclude, it was a super session, we have met great people, learned lots of thing from the team and about the future.