Cloudian prepares 2015 with 3 storage trends in mind:
- Hybrid Cloud will be THE model
- Smart Data as an union of Big Data + Analytics
- and Cost Efficiency thanks to Software-Defined Storage running on COTS
Hybrid Cloud for Cloudian leverages their strong S3 implementation and their bucket lifecycle policies to consider 3 modes:
- HyperStore on-premise to Amazon S3 and/or Glacier
- HyperStore on-premise to other Cloudian clusters
- HyperStore on-premise to compatible S3 service providers.
All metadata are kept on-premises making transparent the location of data illustrating the global namespace capabilities of the solution. For archiving, metadata and data are moved to the public cloud. A very simple way to promote and adopt Hybrid Cloud.
Introduced in September, HyperStore 5.0 has 2 flavors, pure software mode on users hardware and appliance based model with 3 configurations. 2015 will a key year for Cloudian, I won't be surprise to see them moving up in the next IDC Object Storage MarketScape...