Now WOS 360 v2 is a key milestone with:
- a Capacity appliance with 768TB in 4U thanks to 96x 8TB SMR HDD SATA, 2x 10Gb/s network ports and 8B objects per box,
- a new OpenStack Swift API support available as gateway or embedded, supporting 5000 users and 5B objects per namespace,
- a flexible deployment model with gateway for data access but also native implementation at the WOS node level,
- a new overhead ratio for GOA supporting node, site and/or disks failures for a ratio of 1.5 coming from 1.88 in the previous release. 1.5 ratio is obtained with 2 layers of erasure coding with 5+1 coupled with 8+2. GOA also supports now up to 6 sites.
- security with full SSL from client to storage node and between WOS nodes.
- a drastic latency reduction for demanding application such video streaming.
- an easy of deployment and maintenance to deploy the cluster in just a few minutes.
- and finally some improvements in the integration between GRIDScaler and WOS.